Have you ever experienced a leaky, noisy or broken toilet fill valve? Then you have probably done some research to determine what is the best toilet fill valve available. There are so many products available that it can be overwhelming to determine which one is the best for your particular toilet.
- 1 Best Toilet Fill Valves
- 1.1 1. Fluidmaster 400AH PerforMAX Universal High Performance Toilet Fill Valve
- 1.2 2. Fluidmaster 400CRP14 Universal Toilet Fill Valve and Flapper Repair Kit, 2-Inch
- 1.3 3. Kohler Genuine Part Silent Fill Toilet Fill Valve Kit
- 1.4 4. Fluidmaster 400A Toilet Tank Repair Fill Valve
- 1.5 5. Korky 528T Replacement Toto Toilet Fill Valve
- 1.6 6. WDI Technology B3260 Universal Fill Valve
- 1.7 7. Kohler 1083167 Silent Fill Valve Kit For Kohler Class Five Toilets
- 1.8 8. Fluidmaster 400A Anti-Siphon Universal Toilet Tank Fill Valve
- 1.9 9. American Standard Fluidmaster 400A Universal Toilet Fill Valve
- 1.10 10. Korky 528MP Quiet Platinum Fill Valve
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
Best Toilet Fill Valves
This article provides you with reviews of some top toilet fill valves available on the market. After looking through the product reviews, there are answers to some frequently asked questions. After reading this article, you should have all the information needed to pick the right toilet fill valve to meet your needs!
1. Fluidmaster 400AH PerforMAX Universal High Performance Toilet Fill Valve
This toilet fill valve is designed to work universally for several types of toilets. It can be used as a replacement for high efficiency toilets that consume 1.28-GPF (gallons per flush) or less. It can also support dual flush toilets and toilets with 2-inch and 3-inch flush valves.
The valve has twice the refill rate than standard fill valves which allows you to avoid excessive or inadequate bowl fill levels. This valve works well for high pressure water systems. It is easy to install and works with just about any toilet on the market.
- Universal design
- Supports dual flush toilets
- Twice the refill rate of standard fill valves
- Easy to install
- Is much louder than standard fill valves which can be a nuisance
2. Fluidmaster 400CRP14 Universal Toilet Fill Valve and Flapper Repair Kit, 2-Inch
This is a repair kit for toilets with 2-inch flush valves. It features an anti-siphon toilet fill valve and corresponding flapper. It is the ideal product to use in older toilets that use 3.5-GPF of water or more.
The flapper has microban that prevents breakdown of the product due to bacteria build-up. Fluidmaster offers a 5-year warranty on this product. If you are looking for a solution for low pressure water, this may be the perfect solution for you!
- Repair kit for toilets with 2-inch valves
- Includes fill valve and flapper
- Flapper has microban
- 5-year warranty
- Flapper sticks in the open position sometimes and requires adjustment
3. Kohler Genuine Part Silent Fill Toilet Fill Valve Kit
This fill valve kit is a genuine Kohler part from Kohler. It features a silent fill which provides a great experience by filling the tank quietly after flushing. It is adjustable to accommodate any height and is compatible with various Kohler toilets.
This fill valve has multiple fill rate inserts in order to optimize performance and conserve water. If you have a Kohler toilet with a leaky fill valve, consider replacing it with this genuine Kohler fill valve. Don’t settle for a substitute!
- Genuine Kohler part
- Features a silent fill
- Adjustable to accommodate any height
- Compatible with most Kohler toilets
- Only works with specific Kohler toilets
4. Fluidmaster 400A Toilet Tank Repair Fill Valve
This Fluidmaster toilet fill valve has a universal design that fits most toilet models. You can replace outdated, inefficient or broken fill valves easily with this new Fluidmaster valve.
It is also the ideal solution to fix noisy, or slow toilet fill valves. The anti-siphon design eliminates fresh water supply contamination. It is made of corrosion-resistant materials and is easy to install.
Fluidmaster backs this product with a 5-year warranty. You cannot go wrong in picking this fill valve as an option.
- Universal design
- Anti-siphon technology eliminates fresh water supply contamination
- Made of corrosion-resistant materials
- Fill valve is loud when it is operating
5. Korky 528T Replacement Toto Toilet Fill Valve
This toilet fill valve is specifically designed to replace fill valves on Toto G-Max and Power Gravity toilets. The valve will resolve slow tank refilling, constantly running and noisy toilets. This fill valve is quieter than other fill valves and has adjustable sizing.
This Korky valve is easy to install and features an innovative twist and lock adjustment setting. It uses Chlorazone red rubber which is chemically resistant, prohibits bacteria growth and is ideal for hard water.
- Resolves slow tank refills
- Quiet operation
- Made of chemically resistant Chlorazone red rubber
- Easy to install
- Only works on specific Toto G-Max and Power Gravity toilets
6. WDI Technology B3260 Universal Fill Valve
This toilet fill valve from WDI Technology is an easy to install replacement to fix any existing cracked fill valve. Its universal design allows the fill valve to be used in just about any toilet model.
The fill valve height can be adjusted easily to fit between 8.25-inches and 12.25-inches. It has a slim design in which all valve parts are integrated into a compact tube that is around 2.5-inches wide. Installation instructions can be followed easily resulting in a quick and effortless valve replacement.
- Universal design fits most toilets
- Easy height adjustment
- Slim valve design
- Easy to follow installation instructions
- Inlet is ⅞-inches and will not fit toilets with a 7/16-inch inlet
7. Kohler 1083167 Silent Fill Valve Kit For Kohler Class Five Toilets
This is a Kohler genuine part that is designed to fit all Kohler Class Five toilets. The silent fill feature provides a quiet tank filling experience. No more loud, noisy sounds after flushing the toilet while the water tank refills.
The valve comes with multiple fill rate inserts to optimize the performance of the valve and conserve water. It is adjustable to accommodate nearly any height requirement. Use this product on your Kohler toilet and protect the warranty on your toilet!
- Kohler genuine part
- Designed to fit Kohler Class Five Toilets
- Silent fill feature
- Includes multiple rate inserts
- Refill tube seems fragile and may need to be replaced after some time
8. Fluidmaster 400A Anti-Siphon Universal Toilet Tank Fill Valve
This anti-siphon toilet tank fill valve from Fluidmaster is highly durable with a universal design that fits most toilets. It has a height adjustment from 9-inches up to 14-inches and provides a quick and quiet refill for your toilet tank.
The quick refill rates ensure a perfect flush and effective waste elimination. This fill valve is best for toilets that have flush volumes of 3.5-GPF or more.
- Anti-siphon design
- Universal design fits most toilets
- Works best in toilets with flush volumes of 3.5-GPF or more
- Flush valve operation is fairly loud compared to many valves
9. American Standard Fluidmaster 400A Universal Toilet Fill Valve
This is a universal replacement fill valve that should fit most toilets. The durable construction of this toilet fill valve will stand up to frequent and high-use areas. It is easy to install and is extremely reliable.
This fill valve measures 10-inches tall by 3-inches wide. The valve does not have an adjustable height feature, therefore you need to ensure it is compatible with your toilet from a height perspective before you buy it. This product comes with a limited one-year warranty.
- Universal replacement fill valve
- Durable construction
- Perfect for high-use areas
- One-year limited warranty
- Does not have a height adjustment feature
10. Korky 528MP Quiet Platinum Fill Valve
This universal fill valve features a twist and lock adjustment that makes installation and height adjustment easy. You can install this fill valve in less than 5 minutes and have a fully functioning toilet again in no time!
This quality designed product is quieter than other fill valves and is ideal for toilets with 1.6-GPF or less water consumption. The refill adjuster delivers just the right amount of water to the bowl to maintain optimal performance. This valve allows you to replace broken or outdated technologies to upgrade the performance of your toilet.
- Universal valve fits most toilets
- Twist and lock height adjustment feature
- Easy to install
- Made for 1.6-GPF or less water consumption toilets
- Bowl takes longer to fill due to delay between the toilet flush and fill valve activation
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have ever had to replace a toilet fill valve, then you have probably wondered who makes the best toilet fill valve. There are so many fill valve products available from many companies, it seems almost impossible to narrow down the options!
That’s why we have done some of the work for you! These frequently asked questions will identify features you should consider in a toilet fill valve.
How Does A Toilet Fill Valve Work?
The fill valve is designed to bring water into the toilet tank after the toilet has been flushed. The valve stays on until the tank fully refills. If you have experienced a toilet that constantly sounds like it is running, then you likely have a defective fill valve.
How To Clean Kohler Toilet Fill Valve?
If your toilet fill valve has calcium and mineral build-up, you can clean it by using vinegar and an old toothbrush. Gently scrub the fill valve to dissolve and break off the build-up. You can then wash the fill valve with warm soapy water and rinse it with fresh water.
What Is The Fill Valve On A Toilet?
The fill valve is the part of the toilet that has the sole responsibility for refilling the water tank after the toilet has been flushed. When the toilet is flushed, the fill valve is activated so the tank can be refilled with water and ready for the next flush cycle.
How To Remove Fill Valve From Toilet Tank?
To remove the fill valve, you need to first turn off the water supply to the toilet. Flush the toilet so that all the water is drained from the tank. You can then unscrew the water hose from the tank and lift out the existing toilet fill valve.
How To Adjust Water Level In Toilet Bowl With Fluidmaster?
In order to adjust the water level in your toilet, remove the lid from the toilet tank. There should be a waterline mark on the inside rear of the toilet tank which represents where the water level should be when the tank stops filling with water. This line may be either a short blue line or a short engraved line in the tank itself.
The fill valve has a thin steel rod on the side which attaches to a lever on the top of the valve. The lever inserts through a spring clip on the fill valve float. Squeeze the spring clip between your thumb and forefinger to move the float up or down the steel rod.
You want to move the float up to increase the fill water or move it down to decrease the fill water in the tank. Flush the toilet and check the water level when the fill valve stops filling the tank. If necessary, you can repeat this process until you get the right water height adjustment in the water tank.
Leaking Toilet Fill Valve How To Fix?
There is really only one place a toilet valve can leak. This is at the fitting that connects it to the water tank itself. The best way to resolve the leak is to tighten the connection valve fitting.
Shut off the water supply and flush the toilet in order to drain the tank. Hold the base of the toilet valve on the inside of the tank while you tighten the nut on the bottom of the tank with pliers. Turn the water back on, fill the water tank and check for leaks again. Repeat this process until the leak is resolved!
Finding the best-rated toilet fill valve is not an easy task. Hopefully, the product reviews in this article have given you some insight into the features of various toilet fill valves.
Be sure you are looking at the height of your existing toilet fill valve and the height adjustment capabilities of any fill valve you decide to buy. You want to ensure the new valve will fit your specific toilet!
You May Also Like:
- How To Remove The Plastic Nut From The Toilet Tank
- How Can I Get My Toilet To Flush Stronger?
- How To Identify Toto Toilet Model
- How To Remove Object From Toilet Trap
- How Long Does A Toilet Last?
- Kohler Memoirs Toilet Review
- Kohler San Souci Review
- Kohler Persuade Toilet Review
- Kohler Highline Toilet Review
- Kohler Elliston Toilet Review